What is Custom Lasik?
100% Blade Free All Laser LASIK Laser Vision Correction iLASIK is the latest and most advanced LASIK system, combining VISX and Intralase technology by Advanced Medical Optics (AMO). Although most people that had traditional LASIK had no problems whatsoever, ophthalmologists and engineers were eager to make vision correction procedure even better. With over a decade of research and clinical results, LASIK Doctors and industry experts sought a more predictable solution. iLASIK now provides this solution. By combining CustomVue wavefront technology with VISX™ Star4 active tracking capability and a blade-free femtosecond laser for an ALL-laser LASIK, we can now achieve a safer more precise result. The technology used in the iLASIK procedure has been thoroughly tested and scrutinized, and it is clear that iLASIK truly represents a technological combination unmatched in vision correction.
Because the iLASIK procedure has brought together a unique combination of technology that leads to safer more predictable results, NASA and the United States Navy both endorse iLASIK as the preferred method of vision correction. It was not until LASIK was developed into an ALL-LASER method using a femtosecond laser for the cutting of the corneal flap that NASA considered approving LASIK for the eyes of United States Astronauts and space program candidates. The military and NASA together conducted extensive research and thus confirmed the excellent safety record of the Intralase Femtosecond laser.
The Advanced Technology of the iLASIK platform
- VISX Star 4 Excimer Laser with IRIS registration
The VISX star4 excimer laser is one of the top excimer lasers with superior technology
- CustomVue™wavefrom technology
Developed from hubble telecope technology wavefront expands treatment zones and helps correct higher order abberrations
- Intralase Blade-FREE laser
Creates the LASIK flap with a laser instead of blade resulting in a safer LASIK
- Approximately 17 million LASIK procedures have been performed to date, making it the most common elective vision procedure in the U.S. In fact, all branches of the U.S. military and NASA recently approved LASIK for their servicemen and women, thanks to studies using iLASIK technology.
- If you are between the ages of 21 and 55 and wear glasses of contact lenses to correct myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism you may be a candidate for the iLASIK procedure.